I spent my childhood behind the counter of my parents' Thai restaurant in Weatherford, Texas with my nose stuck in a book. I have always loved to read and tell stories, but for most of my life I never dreamed I would be a children's book author. I love science, and I went to college to be an engineer (my bachelor's degree), and then went back to be a science museum educator (my master's degree). I started writing fiction when I was expecting my first baby and found that I had all sorts of stories I wanted to tell. I live in Austin, Texas with my husband and two daughters. I still head back to our Thai restaurant whenever I get the chance. And of course, I still usually have my nose stuck in a book!
All those important questions:
- Hometown: Weatherford, Texas
- Siblings: None! I'm an only child.
- Favorite fantasy book: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein (but I have about a dozen more favorites!)
- Favorite movie: The Labyrinth
- Favorite food: Thai food
- Favorite color: Blue
- If I could Change into any animal it would be: A wren. It would be amazing to fly!
- Fears: Swimming in murky water